SUB-TASK 3 – GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH
WP3.1: Geophysical maps of the selected sites
- Geophysical imaging of various geological units
- Existing literature investigation, accumulation and classification of existing information from previous relative studies, works etc.
- Selection and evaluation of the proposed geophysical techniques.
- Geophysical survey using at least two geophysical methods over specific geological formations, which are representative of the different existing geological units.
- Geophysical laboratory tests.
WP3.2: Representative geophysical sections based on the type of soils at the study area
- At least two different seasonal geophysical surveys (time lapse surveys) for vertical or in depth imaging of geophysical properties at the study area (e.g. early Spring or Autumn).
- 2D and 3D processing of the geophysical data
- Depth models generation
WP3.3: 3D depth model of the selected sites
- Correlation of possible geo-morphological structures (aerial-photography from Sub-Task 2) with geophysical data
Geophysical data interpretation for depth variation of physical properties with the use of aerial photography over geological formations and geo-morphological structures
WP3.4: Pedological and geophysical parameters correlation
- Correlation of pedological (Sub-Task 2) and geophysical data
- Data collection relative to the technico-geolological properties of soils from published maps, studies, other research projects and laboratory strength tests as well as geochemical analysis (Sub-Task 2).
- Pedological and geophysical data analysis and statistical processing